ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Fountaineer will be an essential role in our Soda Shoppe. The Fountaineer will provide exceptional customer assistance and quality food and drink preparation throughout the foodservice areas.
- Serving customers in a fast, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Prepares and serves a variety of menu items including coffees, drinks, and foods such as sandwiches, salads, and ice cream items according to standardized recipes and customer specifications.
- Provides menu information and suggestions to customers including explanations of ingredients and/or preparation methods of with health or allergen concerns.
- Assists with food preparation as directed, operating food, espresso, coffee, and ice cream production equipment as required to complete tasks.
- Clears, cleans, and sanitizes surfaces of customer dining areas.
- Maintains, cleans, and sanitizes work stations.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and other containers and returns to the appropriate location in the kitchen area.
- Refills condiments or other supplies.
- Follows all safety and sanitation guidelines and regulations to ensure quality food service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Possess honest and strong ethical character and work ethic.
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- Possess strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate and maintain all food preparation equipment safely and efficiently.
- Strong understanding of proper food handling and sanitation procedures.
- Must be able to sweep and mop floors.
- Must be able to bend and/or squat multiple times throughout a work shift.
- Likes to do work that matters and change lives.
- Enjoys having fun and smiling a lot!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Some high school coursework required.
- Must be able to endure prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be able to access and navigate all of the foodservice areas.
- Must be able to carry/ lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- May be required to work in excessive heat and cold in association with the kitchen environment.
- $12.00 per hour for full time, $14 per hour for shift leader, Tips, Performance Bonus/Profit Sharing
- 401(k) with match
- Performance Bonus/Profit Sharing
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Sick Leave
- and more!
18 years old+
Be able to work Morning and Lunch Shifts (range from 5:30am to 1:30pm or 7:00am to 3:00pm) and every other Saturday shift (7:30am-2:00pm)
Strong customer service and and verbal communication skills
Possess honest and strong ethical character and work ethic.
Ability to read and follow instructions.
Ability to operate and maintain all food preparation equipment safely and efficiently.
Strong understanding of proper food and drink handling and sanitation procedures.
Must be able to sweep and mop floors.
Must be able to bend and or squat multiple times throughout a work shift.
Previous cashier or customer service experience preferred
Organizational and math skills
About the Company
Warnell Family Pharmacy is a locally owned family pharmacy in Brownsville, Kentucky founded on Biblical, faith, and family focused principals. We are a patient focused, employee centered pharmacy devoted to delivering the best customer service and patient care available in Kentucky. We provide pharmacy and medical services in the most patient convenient, technology assisted way to improve patient outcomes and increase education and outreach. Our Soda Shoppe offers a trip back in time while bringing you amazing food and sweet treats, such as milkshakes, ice cream, coffee, and all things tasty! We do work that matters and LOVE our patients!